Monday, October 6, 2014

Bounty

 
Autumn is upon us and it is a shame to be inside. The colors are changing before my eyes and the harvest of the wildwood is quite the bounty. I have an inkling that the woods and the critters know the winter will be harsh. There are more berries, fruits, and nuts on our land than I've ever seen before. Perhaps it is because we are taking good care of them but they might know something we don't. I've been gathering what the woods has to offer, partly to eat, partly to enjoy the colors and textures of autumn in my home. I've also been spying lots of crawling critters. A few weeks back I tried my hand at weaving a basket in the most amateur way. But it holds up and has a wonky charm to it. I hope I'm not the only one pausing to enjoy the bounty of Autumn, the see her colors, feel her breeze, and walk beneath a shower of gilt leaves.



 
 


 
 
 



No comments: